[CentOS] Web

Sun Aug 2 14:07:29 UTC 2009
Jake Shipton <jakems at hotmail.co.uk>

On 02/08/09 14:41, madunix wrote:
> I have the following issues on a website, would like to know how would
> you resolve these issue?
>
> 1- CSS is not used efficient.
> 2- Search engine need to be optimized.
> 3- Java Scripts are placed between HTML tags.
> 4- Redirecting homepage through JS code, using client side
> 5- Web page delay, a lot of objects.
> 6- Disable listings directories from apache (how)
> 7- web not compatible with Firefox
>
> Thanks
> -mu

Hmm, seems to be like it needs a "complete overhaul" meaning...
probably best to start from scratch.

As for disabling listings. There is two methods.
one of which is to edit httpd.conf and the other is if .htaccess is
enabled, then you could use some .htaccess lines to do so.

Be careful with .htaccess, could lead to exploitation if not made
properly.

And it does not compatible with Firefox either? Who would do that?
It's kind of like disabling half the internet users.

Anyhow, assuming the web server is Linux, to disable directory
listing edit this file: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

You should fine a line like so:* *

Options All Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

Change to:

Options All FollowSymLinks MultiViews

That should do the trick :-)

Hope this helps somewhat :-)