[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Thu Aug 6 17:36:21 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM, R P Herrold<herrold at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> Some people are perhaps offended that the less public CentOS
>> infrastructure levels do not invite them in -- I cannot help
>> their wounded feelings. ...

> During my 'relatively short' history with CentOS, I have seen a number
> of talented people giving up on helping in the CentOS community.  This
> is sad and I was hoping the "core" CentOS admins would make an effort
> to prevent this kind of loss from happening.

umm -- see below

> I still believe they do and the above statement is strictly
> your personal view (as you rightly said).

all true -- and in point of fact, you represent a perfect
example of a person invited further in, just days ago, with
your recent promotion in bug wrangling rights in the bug
tracker

As I said elsewhere in the piece, we've had other issues that
have had to take precedence, and are in process on
reorganization matters

-- Russ herrold