[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Fri Aug 7 04:19:33 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Ron Blizzard wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't misunderstand.  I think you have done and are doing a great job
>> but some things are out of any single person's control.  All I'm
>> suggesting is that it would be nice if there were an easy answer to the
>> question of "what if" those things happen to a few of you.  I think it
>> is a good thing that the question is being asked, though.
>
> As an outsider (as far as CentOS development goes), I think this would
> probably be a good time to just back off a bit, chill out, and see
> what comes out of the current reorganization.

* chuckle * Actually I was appreciated Les' comments, in the
first instance today and later.  If I cannot respond to
thoughtful comments, I've probably not thought the matter
through enough.  I may choose to ignore matter of course where
comment is not yet ripe

Akemi, Ned and Marcus [and others who have contacted me and
some of the others on the core group off-list] are obviously
concerned, want to help, and want to participate more as well,
and I'll probably do yet another run at describing some ways
to increasingly grow as a sysadmin, a developer, and as a
'person worth watching' as posts of each and others in recent
days have set me to thinking.

I've done such coaching on the ML, in the wiki, and in private
email, so why not yet again?

'If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.'
     and
'Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish
the rest.'
         -- each, Mark Twain

-- Russ herrold