[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sat Aug 8 17:53:00 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, R P Herrold wrote:

>> Have I said I don't appreciate it?
>
> Yes, actually -- I call b*llsh*t -- you who have done nothing
> are here, and eat without charge at our table, and 'it
> disgusts' you
>
> Begone, troll

Russ,

I am quite concerned about your responses (from a @centos.org address).
You can agree or disagree with the content of criticism, you can ignore it
or refute it. But it's poor judgement to dismiss it the way you do because
people have not contributed. (Unless you want users to simply shut up)

It shows that you (as a project's representative) are not interested or
concerned about the users. And any opinion is only worthy if coming from a
contributed user (which limits you to the selected few that are in the
inner circle). Is everything else b*llshit ?

You equally torpedo'd Marcus Moeller who _is_ a contributing user, even if
you don't think high of his contributions, I feel you should refrain from
discouraging users the way you do in this thread.

It's not the community fostering that we need right now. Criticism is good
if you handle it well. Channel it. Enable people to contribute to fix it.
Give orders and provide details.

I am sure that this approach is more fruitful in the long run. A potential
contributor is not willing to spend effort if there's no hope it is
worthwhile. Give hope ! Show it is worthwhile !

PS We started the newsletter (which Marcus is now leading) to highlight
success stories. Show who helped contributing and how one could
contribute. Give credit where credit is due. More positivism...