[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Sun Aug 9 20:15:07 UTC 2009
Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk>

Well, I know I have benefited from the discussion because I understand the challenges that face the CentOS team with regards to security updates whilst they are rebuilding a point release. As has been pointed out to me, we're between a rock and a hard-place and it isn't just a simple matter of not enough resourcing - which is what I thought the issue was... now I stand corrected. Obviously, the security concern is not unreasonable because the CentOS team are considering a different approach for 5.4. What I also now know is this is inherent in any rebuild, so I know have to consider whether a rebuild is the best approach for me.

So, for those of you who consider this as "in-fighting", know that some considers it "learning".

________________________________
From: William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, 9 August, 2009 20:44:00
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 14:04 -0500, Ron Blizzard wrote:
> <snip>

> As for getting more people to use CentOS, I don't think squabbling on
> a public mail list is exactly the best way to do that.

OTOH, one man's "squabbling" is another's "open discourse", depending on
attitudes, "presentation", etc. That's one reason I tend to not freely
speak my mind, even with all due respect. Just too many "issues" can
arise and none of it is worth the potential aggravation unless I feel I
might have something to contribute that might actually provide some
benefit - even stimulating a positive thought in another.

As one could surmise, that kind of filter saves a lot of time.

--
Bill