[CentOS] [Off-list] Slow IDE on GeForce 8200 board

Tue Aug 11 09:31:21 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Ian Murray wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:51:05 +0000 (GMT):

> I hit reply and changed the subject.

Please stop doing that.

That's what I do on my local
> LUG list and nobody complained so, I don't know if I have committed
> some list faux pas, so apologies if I have done.

It's wrong for every mail conversation.

> Perhaps you can set me straight on where I am going wrong?

Send a new message. If you hit "reply" then the threading information (in
-reply-to und references headers) gets inserted as well and thus the
message gets threaded to that thread. Opposite to what some people who are
new on the net believe the threading is *not* done by the subject but by
the threading headers. The subject gets used only in case the threading
headers are absent.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany