[CentOS] A bit more on the Firefox 3.5.issue

Tue Aug 11 12:46:01 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 8/10/09, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> Ron Blizzard wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:20 PM, John
>> Thomas<gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> For the record, I have been using Michael Harris' 3.5 Firefox without
>>> any issues at all and with some speed benefits.  I hope Mr. Harris is
>>> not discouraged by the bug reports and will, at his convenience, roll up
>>> the latest and greatest version.

> I have Firefox 3.5 (the mozilla.com version) on CentOS 5.3 using an
> Intel card and it has caused X to restart on a couple of occasions.
>
> I am shifting back to the 3.0 version in the repo.

I am staying with the 3.0 version in the repo too. The *only* problem
I see with it is that (frequently or always) the web pages load twice,
which is annoying. Other than that, it works fine.  :-)