[CentOS] OT: Firefox SSL error on Linux, Firefox OK on Windows - same web site

Wed Aug 12 16:48:58 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Filipe
Brandenburger<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> analytics.linksynergy.com uses an invalid security certificate.
>> The certificate is only valid for *.opendns.com
>
> It looks like you are getting to an OpenDNS server instead of a
> LinkSynergy server...
>
> This looks like exactly the kind of stuff that OpenDNS does... They
> redirect inexistant domains to their own servers. I think there are
> also some options that you can request to redirect other domains (like
> maybe ones used by ads?) to their servers.
>
> To diagnose the problem I suggest you use "nslookup" on the two
> machines to find out to which IP they are resolving
> analytics.linksynergy.com, I think they will probably not resolve to
> the same IP (if they do, then try to close and reopen Firefox, clear
> the cache, and try the website again, maybe it was a temporary problem
> and is now fixed).

When I make the same test, using Mozilla Firefox on Linux and Windows,
it  ends up at the same URL, but that IP,  is shown to be owned by
OpenDNS. But it works properly using Mozilla Firefox 3.0.13 on M$
Windows XP Home and it does not on Mozilla Firefox 3.0.12 on CentOS
5.3. I went into .mozilla and wiped out the contents of the cache
(which I don't think contains URLs) but that has no effect and I also
wiped out the catch using the dropdown menu in Firefox.

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ nslookup
https://cli.linksynergy.com/cli/publisher/reports/advancedReports.php?reportType=4&dateRange=range&dateRangeData=4
[1] 4517
[2] 4518
[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ Server:             192.168.10.1
Address:        192.168.10.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   https://cli.linksynergy.com/cli/publisher/reports/advancedReports.php?reportType=4
Address: 208.69.32.132

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ whois  208.69.32.132
[Querying whois.arin.net]
[whois.arin.net]

OrgName:    OpenDNS, LLC
OrgID:      OPEND-2

<snip>

Now I am going to answer the other reply regarding TTL. Thank you as
always for your time and help!