[CentOS] OT: Fortunate clueless dd chum - lvm recovery

Fri Aug 14 04:33:16 UTC 2009
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>
>> Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like the chum did not have to lose any data.
>>>

>> I cannot believe he actually tried to create a new filesystem on sda
>> according to the .bash_history file after the dd commands. I think I
>> need a titanium clueby4. Anybody know where I can get one?
>>

> Shouldn't be a problem, just recover from the backup right.  Surely he
> does backups :D

Nope...he is stilling working on that one...

XD

The company fried the disks for the previous backup server solution
shortly after I left. I kept telling them that they should first fix up
the new 'server room' before anything else for the office renovation.
No, the boss would not listen. Under powering the disks (external disk
cage connected via eSata) due to too many devices on the same power
socket did the rest.

Good thing I left before that disaster.