[CentOS] Compiz window manager?

Tue Aug 18 14:46:25 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Toralf Lund a écrit :
> Has anyone here tried the Compiz window manager under CentOS 5? I just
> thought I might give it a go, but when I executed "compiz --replace", I
> got a segfault. This was using the version from the CentOS yum
> repositories, and logged in to the GNOME desktop. My graphics driver is
> the proprietary one from NVIDIA. I tried adding
>
>     Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
>     Option      "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
>
> to xorg.conf as this was suggested somewhere on the net, but it didn't
> make any difference.

I'm using it, on all my desktop PCs, and two of these have different
NVidia cards. The lines you describe must indeed be in xorg.conf,
otherwise you'll have no window decorations.

But to activate Compiz, you just have to go to Preferences>Desktop
effects in GNOME, and click on "Activate". That's all there is to do.

Cheers,

Niki