[CentOS] virt-manager crashes Host during installation of guest

Fri Aug 21 02:54:33 UTC 2009
Mathew S. McCarrell <mccarrms at gmail.com>

virt-install can be interactive if you supply a few necessary options
first.  I've put a sample of what I normally do below.

[root at dom0 ~]$ /usr/sbin/virt-install -p --nonsparse -b xenbr0

What is the name of your virtual machine? <VM NAME HERE>
How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /xen/images/<VM NAME HERE>.disk

How large would you like the disk (/xen/images/<VM NAME HERE>) to be
(in gigabytes)? 5

Would you like to enable graphics support? (yes or no) no
What is the install location? http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/5.3/os/x86_64/

Also, if your willing to spend a few bucks, the Running Xen book is a great
source of information for anything relating to Xen (and I'm not saying that
just because I'm friends with several of the authors).  Also, you might find
the following slides useful.  http://cosi.clarkson.edu/docs/installingxen/

--
Mathew S. McCarrell
Clarkson University '10