[CentOS] fasttest mirror -doesnt seem to pick sites near my region

Sun Aug 23 01:44:58 UTC 2009
tech <tech at laamail.com>

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> What I get is unknown (with our current version).  When unknown, it
> passes a list of high bandwidth machines.
>
> I will get and build a newer version of the GeoIP database and see if I
> can get a better result.

I reported a problem like this much earlier.

I am in Hong Kong. Mirror selects .TW sites for me. BUT, although .TW is
close the actual data transfer between there and here is very slow.  I
learned almost 20 years ago not to do transfers from there.

I excluded all .TW sites in the .CONF file. This wasn't working so good.
I noticed that almost all of the sites listed were .EDU.TW so I changed
my exclusion to just the .EDU.TW sites. I now live with this exclusion.

Mel