[CentOS] Music while you work - or not

Sun Aug 23 14:59:46 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Sunday 23 August 2009 15:34:35 Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > Wanting to listen to magnatune.com while I worked, I discovered that
> > flash is not working.  It appears that I don't have libflashplayer, but
> > yum tells me that no such package is available.  I must need a different
> > repo, I think, but what?  Currently I have
> >
> > ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
> > adobe-linux-i386.repo          epel-testing.repo
> > CentOS-Base.repo               kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo
> > CentOS-Media.repo              mirrors-rpmforge
> > epel.repo                      rpmforge.repo
>
> rpmforge has the flash plugin, but there's also a repository available
> from adobe itself, which offers that.
>
> > I suspect that c5-media repo is discontinued.
>
> The centos-media repo is not what you think it is - look inside the
> .repo file :)
>
> > I've seen no error messages
> > apart from 'No package libflashplayer available.'   In theory I have
> > installed the adobe flash-player, but apparently not.
>
> What makes you think that the package is called libflashplayer?

Googling for CentOS+flash

> Have
> you searched with yum?

Yes, I did, after which I attempted to install flash-plugin mozilla-swfdec
swfdec swftools - the packages listed that appeared to be relevant.  It failed
with various dependencies, which I could not resolve, which is why I thought I
must be missing a repo.  However, I have just managed to install flash-plugin
by itself.  It seems I was distracted by all the dependencies which must have
been for swfdec.

Anne