[CentOS] Music while you work - or not

Sun Aug 23 15:43:13 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Sunday 23 August 2009 16:28:27 Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Anne Wilson<cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > I asked a simple question.  If you didn't know the answer you should not
> > have replied.  Fortunately there are others more helpful than you.
>
> Oh well - I still don't know the answer except that you did something
> wrong and then did something else and then something somehow worked.
>
> I was trying to show you where you can go fishing, when hungry.
>
> Giving out freshly charged electric eels,

Well just in case you ever try to help someone with such a problem, what I did
wrong was

1) first try to install a package name given by googling, which turned out to
be wrong

2) when I had found the correct one by yum search (yes, I had done that) I
tried to install it along with three swfdec-related packages.  The install
failed with a list of dependencies that could not be resolved.  Searching the
repos for those dependencies did not yield gold, and pbone couldn't find them
either.

The moral is, install one package at a time if a group fails.  I really should
have seen that the dependencies were all for the swfdec packages, not for the
flash plugin, but I was so busy trying to find them that I missed it.

Anne