[CentOS] Using Thunderbird as local mail reader

Sun Aug 23 17:00:07 UTC 2009
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:10:57AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how to use Thunderbird as a local mail reader.
> >
> > So far I don't see any way to configure it other than as a POP3 or IMAP mail reader,
> > but I get my mail locally and would like to try using Tbird to read it.
> > What am I overlooking?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> Just use mailx on a text console like Russ !

I actually use mutt. but sometimes when someone sends me an html email with a lot of
graphics attached it's convenient to use a client that can display it all, directly.
I've been using balsa, but it isn't being packaged for RHEL/Centos anymore, as far
as I can figure.

I just built a new machine and installed 5.3, so I could use the same Balsa RPM I
used on the previous machine (also centos 5.3), which was provided to me back when
5.0 came out by another kind reader of this list--whose name I no longer remember,
but I figured I'd see if some other mail reader that is supported on the platform
would work instead.