[CentOS] Compiz window manager?

Mon Aug 24 06:38:48 UTC 2009
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Toralf Lund<toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:
>
>> I forgot to
>> mention that I have two monitors and use TwinView, though - perhaps the
>> problem is related to that. Maybe I'll try with a single-screen setup
>> later...
>>

> There is a maximum framebuffer size with which compiz will work.  Most
> two-screen setups exceed that.

Right... Yeah, the total width of the screens is definitely more than
2048, if that's the maximum. However, I wasn't quite right about using
TwinView, either (must be something wrong with my brain these days).
Actually, I disabled this a while back, and the monitors are configured
as separate X screens. Also, I don't get the messages about maximum
texture sizes that are mentioned on the net, just plain

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

- Toralf

This e-mail, any attachments and response string may contain proprietary information, which are confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only and if you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely in this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.