[CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do disabled as default - why?

Mon Aug 24 13:41:25 UTC 2009
happymaster23 <happymaster23 at gmail.com>

Thank you for replies,

with option "use sendfile = yes" it works great (with good speed), but
I am asking why is this option in CentOS disabled as default, even in
standard samba build it should be (according to Samba release notes)
enabled as default.

So my question is, why in CentOS´s Samba build is this option as
default disabled. Is it experimental? Is it potentially dangerous?
(Something like oplocks?)