[CentOS] self signing certificates

Mon Aug 24 13:43:50 UTC 2009
Brian Becker <emaillists at beckerspace.com>

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Jerry Geis<geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> For "internal" applications what do people/places do?
> It would be nice to be seamless and have the "your not trusted" window
> pop-up.
> Yet this is not a public web site either. Just internal use.
> The server might be on the internet but people from the internet are not
> using it.
>
> I presume there is no way to by-pass the certificate signing process -
> even for internal apps.
> Is there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

If you are in a windows domain you can distribute the public
certificate of your "signing authority" using active directory.  This
will prevent IE from showing the untrusted warning.  Otherwise you can
install the public certificate into the users web browser and any
certs you sign will show as trusted.

If you can give an idea of what platform/browser I can provide more specifics.

Brian