[CentOS] SELinux messages after compiling new kernel

Thu Aug 27 17:24:40 UTC 2009
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Sergio Belkin<sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/27 Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:46, Sergio Belkin<sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jim, thanks for the suggestion, but Firstly: I need a newer kernel in
>>> order to get IO statistics from tools like atop, pidstat, etc. And
>>> secondly and most important: my boss wants that :)
>>
>> Then CentOS is not what you want.

>> HTH,
>>Felipe
>
> I've just explained the reason why I've compiled.

What your boss wants and what you want will not work with CentOS in that case.

Short Answer: You will both be better off looking at a non-enterprise
operating system. If the company has standardized on CentOS for long
term support they could look at Fedora for this one off and then use
CentOS-6 when that comes out.

Long Answer: You would need to basically compile newer glibc, newer
ldconfig, gcc, etc etc etc until at which point you have a base
Fedora-11 system and some CentOS stuff that might still work (but
highly unlikely).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning