[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Sun Aug 30 17:21:01 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Götz Reinicke wrote:

>> I am using software RAID 10 with CentOS 5.3 and I surely did see a
>> *huge* performance increase with RAID 10 compared to RAID 1 only.
>
> I tested 1+0 vers 0+1 vers 5 on the 3ware, the sun build in raid system
> and using softwareraid on an other (older) server.
>
> On the iscsi systems and the 3ware controller I tested raid 5 vers. 6 as
> well.
>
> May be I should have mentioned that.
>
> My conclusion on my systems was:
>
> Level 5 is the best concerning performance/capacity.

That's very strange, considering what the drives physically have to do for raid
5, especially on small writes.  Did you have a very large number of drives in
the array?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com