[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Sun Aug 30 19:10:53 UTC 2009
Jerry Franz <jfranz at freerun.com>

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
> It's not the same thing :)
> Although they work, and do the same, the installer CD & mdadm needs to
> support it. The specific appliance that I want to install, doesn't
> support RAID 10, so I need to install RAID 1 + RAID 0, i.e. setting 2x
> RAID 1 mirrors, and then stripe then in RAID0 - but once the first 1
> mirrors are setup, I can't stripe them.
>
> I've seen people use LVM to add them to one volume, but the installer
> doesn't see to like that either

Hmmm... 'specific appliance'.

This doesn't sound like you are installing CentOS. This makes it
*really* hard for us to help you since we have absolutely no idea what
you are actually doing. ;)

A) What are you actually doing?

B) Do you have to have RAID10 during install or is it sufficient that
you can build a data 'drive' after install?

--
Benjamin Franz