[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Mon Aug 31 02:28:11 UTC 2009
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>>>
>>> I beg your pardon, I didn't see your previous post with the above
>>> information.
>>>
>>> At this point, I think you should  undo the RAID 1 groups and revert to
>>> the 4 raw partitions marked as Linux Software Raid.
>>> Then try to create a RAID 10 group. If the guys from openfiler say that
>>> it is possible... I see no reasons to doubt them.
>>>

>> There is no option to setup RAID 10.
>>

>> But, let's get back to my previous request,
>>
>> How would one setup RAID 1+0 (i.e. 2x mirror'ed RAID1's and then a
>> RAID 0 on top of it) on say CentOS 4.6 ?
>
> Have you tried this the obvious way: using "mdadm create" for each step, giving
> the md devices created in the first step as the partitions for the RAID0 device?
>
> But out of curiosity, why would you consider installing a CentOS 4.x now?
>

> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail

Les, I have used SME Server 7.3 for a long time, with great success
which runs on CentOS 4.7, so I would like to be able todo it with SME
as well, since it doesn't support RAID 10.

I have tried mdam in the shell, but was told RAID 10 wasn't supported.
I forgot the exact messages, but it was something like "invalid RAID
level". I could set RAID 5 & 6 though.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers