[CentOS] A couple questions about Wine

Mon Aug 31 20:37:14 UTC 2009
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Christopher
Chan<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> Security...no...performance...is that with regards to the rest of the os
> or the program or in comparison with having Windows in a sandbox like
> Virtualbox?

Good. I wanted to make sure I wasn't introducing Windows problems into Linux.

> No comment there but if you run/install anything above wine 1.0 it
> should be that best deal you can get for running Windows programs under
> Linux.

Okay, I'll start studying a bit about Wine (which usually means, I
install it and start playing around with it).

> If the program runs under Wine, then yeah...overkill.

I'll install Wine and follow up with a status report.

Thanks.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3