[CentOS] Samsung M800

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:45:34 UTC 2009

Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> 2009/12/1 Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>:
>> Unfortunately, my phone doesn't show under /proc/scsi/scsi.  I suspect
>> that it won't show up until it is in mass storage mode, and if I can get
>> it into mass storage mode I probably won't have to worry about the issue
>> described in that tech note.
>
> Hmmm...  I suspect that the phone may need a command over the USB bus
> to put it into mass storage mode - these guys may be able to help -
> http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~mdharm/linux-usb/  However, many of
> the multi-function Samsung devices listed don't work properly so you
> may not have much success.

This is the Sprint Instinct, right?  The phone does connect as a disk on a Mac
with no drivers but that only started working after an update to the phone
firmware so be sure you are up to date. If you aren't on Sprint in the US, it
might be different, though.  I'll try it with a Centos box later today. But I
still recommend a usb adapter for the memory card if you are moving any media
files, especially video - it's faster even if you count the time popping the
card in and out.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com