[CentOS] Startup script woes

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:49:16 UTC 2009

Robert Bielik wrote:
> Les Mikesell skrev:
>> The straightforward way would be to give each of your services a different name
>> (service-a, service-b, etc) so you would have different init file instances,
>> different pid file names, and can specify the appropriate arguements to each
>> program.
>
> Yeah, thought of doing multiple:
> ln -s /usr/bin/java service_a
> ln -s /usr/bin/java service_b
> etc.
>
> If the jsvc track fails, I'll fallback on this.

Don't they really need different config files for things like which port
to bind to anyway?  Using different init scripts instead of links would
give you a place to specify that - or you could use the RedHat-style
scheme of extrapolating specific variable settings into files that match
the service name under /etc/sysconfig to keep local changes out of the
distributed init and config files.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com