[CentOS] Samsung M800

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:59:42 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 07:45 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> This is the Sprint Instinct, right?
> Yes.
>>   The phone does connect as a disk on a Mac
>> with no drivers but that only started working after an update to the
>> phone
>> firmware so be sure you are up to date.
> Interesting to know.  Sask Tel might frown on me updating the firmware,
> though.
>>  If you aren't on Sprint in the US, it
>> might be different, though.
> I'm on Sask Tel in Saskatchewan, Canada, so I might be out of luck.
>>   I'll try it with a Centos box later today.
> Let me know what happens.

OK, I just verified that it does connect and auto-mounts on the desktop
as you'd expect on a centos5 box.  But your behavior is what I used to
see when connecting to a Mac with the original firmware - and it might
have needed the drivers installed to work on windows.  Bluetooth would
work even before the update but its too slow to be useful with a
several-gig micro-sd card.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com