[CentOS] Small proxy appliance hardware

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Wed Dec 2 19:52:51 UTC 2009

> The Realtek 8111C gigabit controller is supported by
> RH/Centos? Even at install
> time?

I have used many different Supermicro servers and
never had any problems installing CentOS and
everything works out of the box.

Looking at the wiki page:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/HardwareList/RealTekRTL8111b
It looks like sometimes it works and other times it
requires a custom driver.

I did not realize there was a potential issue with that
server.  I wish I had one to test to say for sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
CentOS 5.4 VPS with unmetered bandwidth only $25/month!