[CentOS] runuser: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted

Mathur, Prashant pmathur at navisite.com
Fri Dec 4 17:17:43 UTC 2009

We have installed apatare and running the script aptare_agent, but it is giving error "runuser: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted" if we run it as aptare user. We have made this user the part of root group.

If we run the same script with root user there is no error. Any thought?

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.