[CentOS] two questions about ssh tunneling

Tudod Ki tudodki88 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 22:08:58 UTC 2009

if I:

ssh -fND localhost:6000 somebody at -p PORTNUMBER

from computer "A" to computer "B" [B =] then I can set the
SOCKS proxy for e.g.: Firefox to use "localhost:6000" on computer "A".
Ok. I can surf the web through "B".

- Can anyone sniff the traffic of "A"? [e.g.: computers on same subnet
as "A"] Like DNS requests? - I think no, but I'm not sure :O

- Can anyone sniff the traffic of computer "B"? e.g.: B computer is at
a server farm [others in the farm can see the traffic?] - I think yes,
but I'm not sure :O