[CentOS] Name Resolution Broken for One Address

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Mon Dec 7 13:33:59 UTC 2009

On 12/07/2009 04:59 AM, John Thomas wrote:
> I seem to have broken my laptop and have been unable to figure it out.
> Name resolution works great, except one address, which seems to be
> resolving to  Could you help me figure out what I have done and
> fix it?
> The following lines are in /etc/hosts
>	dev.example.com
>	dev1.example.com

Possibly fixed.  There is possibly a bad entry in the nscd cache.
Restarting nscd did not solve the problem until I changed /etc/nscd.conf
from: enable-cache            hosts           yes
to:   enable-cache            hosts           no

I am not sure why restarting (machine and/or nscd daemon) did not clear
the cache.

John Thomas