[CentOS] how to find last updates for Centos 5.3?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Dec 7 23:25:07 UTC 2009

On 07/12/09 23:19, Brian Mathis wrote:
> Not true, and it's the thing that's most irritating about this policy.
>   The RPMs are still there, just not the sqlite repodata files that yum
> needs.  So if you got to a mirror, you can see all of the files, but
> yum doesn't work.

well, Brian - you seem to be looking in the wrong place, also you are
mistaken about requirements for sqlite data. So, here is where it stands:

5.3 has not been moved to vault.c.o as yet, due to disk space issues, we
should have that resolved in the next few weeks. Once its moved, it will
exist there for as long as we are able to keep it ( we still have all of
2.1 / 3.* / 4.* and 5.* so far )

all metadata for 5.3 is still available in the right place. eg:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.3/updates/i386/repodata/
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.3/os/i386/repodata/

Every release ever done by CentOS stays public, and we make every effort
to keep atleast the binary and source files available ( so this
best-effort-warranty does not extend to debuginfo pkgs ).

hth

- KB