[CentOS] Device enumeration during kickstart

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net

Mon Dec 14 12:54:33 UTC 2009

 By default, a kickstart installation will spread the configured partitions
 over all disks that are found, and the only way around that is to use
 --ondisk or ignoredisk. But I was wondering how reliable this method is.
 E.g. if there are four SATA ports on the system board, can I blindly
 assume that port one will always correspond to sda, port two to sdb,
 and so on? Can I assume that a second disk added to a one-disk system
 will always show up as sdb, and sda will remain sda?