[CentOS] Firewall for virtual machines

KJS lists at netzensolutions.com
Mon Dec 14 13:30:41 UTC 2009

John Doe wrote:
> From: mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
>> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>>> Yes, using ZA is a bad idea. XP has its own firewall which is enabled by
>>> default if you are patched up-to-date. Keep that on.
>> Huh? I've *NEVER* heard great things about WinDoze firewall, and the std. from
>> the fairly heavy duty folks I know who support WinDoze is that the std for
>> non-commercial is ZoneAlarm.
> Personaly, I use ZoneAlarm 'mainly' for the outbound blocking.
> I like to know (and allow/disalow) when an application tries to phone home...
> JD
Personally, I have had Zone Alarm mess up it's ACL a few times and block
applications in it's allow list. I normally firewall else where & use
Windows Firewall for internal stuff, the Windows Firewall in Windows7
supports an ACL for inbound and outbound rules.

IT Support Bristol & Computer Support Bristol