[CentOS] bnx2 losing connectivity

nate

centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Dec 14 22:50:46 UTC 2009

Hoping someone else has seen this before.

I have a few dozen Dell R610 systems with CentOS 5.2 that are
using kernels from 5.3 and 5.4 (2.6.18-128.1.10.el5 & 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5),
that at random lose layer 2 network connectivity either partially
or totally. Running tcpdump on the interface reveals only ARP
broadcasts, no responses. Switch reports no packets being