[CentOS] Old hd, new machine

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Wed Dec 16 09:47:11 UTC 2009

I ran into trouble and decided to go another way.

The rescue CD did not find CentOS installations, most probably because
the ext3 partitions were hidden behind a md layer.

I could have stopped the raid devices first, then I would probably have
been able to use the rescue CD and rebuild initrd & install grub.

However, as I already have one disc up (with a fresh CentOS
installation), I decided to rescue my data from the "old disc" (the
non-booting one) to this "new disc". That way I will get a working system.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland