[CentOS] Problems with nss_ldap - where to start?

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:49:57 UTC 2009

I was going to say no TLS on either side.

Specifically because I wanted to make sure that I was doing it with basic
auth prior to using tls, but I found TLS lines in the /etc/ldap.conf.

I commented those out, and guess what, no more nss_ldap messages in

Now, I'm somewhat guessing that my directory doesn't have the right
information in it.  Maybe I just need an ldif recipe for adding the users.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> First question: do you have tls enabled on the client, and not the server,
> or vice versa?
> Second question: on the server, can you do a search?
> Handy tool: webmin has a whole ldap section, and can give you a *lot* of
> clues as to what's going wrong.
>       mark

Peter Serwe