[CentOS] {Disarmed} Re: Problems with nss_ldap - where to start?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 16 20:47:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 12:39 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> I think not as well.  The tactest user has been blown back out.  I can
> re-add it from ldif again.

----
and by the way... don't waste time trying to authenticate users/groups
that don't exist.

If they don't show up when you give commands like...

getent passwd
getent group

you aren't going to be able to authenticate... the system doesn't see
them. You can't authenticate users that don't exist. Likewise, groups
that don't exist or memberships to groups that don't exist are a
problem.

Craig

believed to be clean.