[CentOS] Image conversion with ImageMagick doesn't work on CentOS, but it works fine on Debian Lenny.

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:57:06 UTC 2009

888x888 jpeg to 420x420 150x150, 100x100, and 50x50, output image format is
jpeg.

I didn't notice the problem until it was hosted on a certain commercial
storefront provider, under apache, I saw no problem.

I'm doing with a pair of loops, so my actual convert line looks like:

                    /usr/bin/convert -resize ${size}x${size} $image
$OUTDIR/$image
Peter

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 15:16 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> > I recently came across the need to convert jpg images with IM, did a
> > standard install of "yum -y install ImageMagick" and found that
> > images converted with CentOS's base port of IM would actually corrupt
> > the images, yet using the same (albiet different version, different
> > distro) software
> > didn't corrupt the images at all.
>
> I use convert and mogrify on a reasonably regular basis for various
> tasks and haven't noticed any problems here.
>
> Is there anything "special" about your images?  You are converting them
> from jpg to.. what format?
>
> --

Peter Serwe
http://truthlightway.blogspot.com/