[CentOS] NTP

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Dec 17 16:49:29 UTC 2009

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:16:45AM -0500, Davy Leon wrote:
>> I have a Centos 5.3. I'm wondering how can I make this linux box to
>> act as a time server for my small network.  I just need this Centos
>> PC act as a time reference for the other PCs so they can keep the
>> time exact the same as the Centos server. Don;t need to syncronize
>> the server with tyhe internet, just keep my local network with the
>> same time in all the PC.
>>
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2148

And if you're into learning about ntp, here are a few other references
that may prove useful...

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/  (original developer, now retired)

http://www.ntp.org/
http://asg.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc1305.html
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome

...I have a few more time related links but these three are the best of
my collection for ntp.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign