[CentOS] Image conversion with ImageMagick doesn't work on CentOS, but it works fine on Debian Lenny.

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:59:11 UTC 2009

Yep, I also looked into building:

[root at pythagoras SPECS]# rpmbuild ImageMagick.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
    perl-devel is needed by ImageMagick-6.5.8-6.x86_64
    jasper-devel is needed by ImageMagick-6.5.8-6.x86_64
[root at pythagoras SPECS]#

But I couldn't satisfy those reqs.  I saw a post by Johnny about it, just
didn't see the ultimate result.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:15 AM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Peter Serwe <peter.serwe at gmail.com>
> >CentOS 5.2,
> >[root at pythagoras ~]# rpm -q ImageMagick
> >ImageMagick-
> ImageMagick- on CentOS 5.4 and never experienced any
> corruption here...
> Did you try to convert an image several times and check that they are all
> the same?
> JD

Peter Serwe