[CentOS] C5 updates?

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Thu Dec 17 17:00:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Karanbir Singh wrote on 12/16/2009 04:33 PM:
>> all pending c5 updates are now syncing to the mirrors, wait for the
>> announcements soon !
>
> As the updates include glibc and kernel, it it correct that the best
> practice for updating would be as follows?
>
> yum clean all
> yum update glibc\*
> yum update
> shutdown -r now

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but that should be for version
updates. So far, I have had no problems doing the updates available,
including glibc. But, I still see a number of them are missing; the NTP
DOS most notably, so I hope there's just a momentary glitch before the
floodgates open again.

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***