[CentOS] scp copy remote files does NOT copy link?

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Dec 21 19:31:43 UTC 2009

On Monday 21 December 2009, b.j. mcclure wrote:
> I know I'm going to be embarrassed by the answer to this one but I've
> checked a couple rsync and ssh references, including man rsync, and do
> not find an option -H.  What is it?

$ man rsync | grep "\-H"
        -a, --archive               archive mode; same as -rlptgoD (no -H)
        -H, --hard-links            preserve hard links
              want  recursion  and want to preserve almost everything (with -H
              ply-linked  files is expensive.  You must separately specify -H.
       -H, --hard-links

Cheers,
 Peter