[CentOS] cups and LSB 3.2; was: Inquiry:yum? - hijack

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Dec 24 14:43:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, Rob Kampen wrote:

> Forgive me for thread stealing - lsb  3.1 is the current CentOS supported
> version.
> I have some postscript / cups / printer drivers that insist on lsb 3.2 -
> anyone know if this is possible?

> TIA Rob

This (LSB 3.2 -- last in the 3 series) is not really bleeding
edge [LSB 4 just got its first refresh in the 4 series, 4
having been out about a year], but the LSB intentionally lags
to get a superset of distributions observed practice in Linux,
rather than pushing development

The printer driver folks are pushing (Apple 'bought' cups a
couple years back and are pushing) new versions -- consider
this: