[CentOS] [OT] Urgent request

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Thu Dec 24 15:00:47 UTC 2009

tdukes at sc.rr.com wrote:
>>     mark
> We have been searching the internet since Tuesday.
> We have already tried installing a video card, that didn't work.  The beeps at start up indicate to check the video ram. It will boot and run if we put it in another pc.
> The server is running c-sytems software on a sco operating system.  They tell us we can't pull the hard drive and move it to another pc - something about a bug causing it to lose data.
> I've been running linux systems since the late 80's.  I have never heard of this but then, I have never run a sco system either.

I can't believe nobody commented about this yet...  ;o)

Linux didn't exist until 1991, so it would have been quite the feat to
be running it in the 1980's indeed.  ;o)

I can't believe everyone let that slip by...  ;o)

Merry Christmas!

- --
Mike A. Harris                   Website: http://mharris.ca
Google Wave: mike.andrew.harris - at - googlewave.com
https://identi.ca/mharris | https://twitter.com/mikeaharris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)