[CentOS] conga and "virsh nodeinfo"

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Dec 25 20:03:20 UTC 2009

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have run into a confusing problem.
>
> My initial problem is: Conga does not offer "Add a virtual machine
> service". So I googled and found a RedHat advisory on that:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2009-1623.html
> which points updates that should fix this.
>
> I checked on my cluster, but the relevant packages are current (and even
> if ALL packages are current it does not work).
>
> So I tried manually what is described in the above advisory:
> "virsh nodeinfo --readonly" throws an error saying that "--readonly" is
> not implemented. That seems to be the problem.
> Running "virh nodeinfo" as a non-root user (like Conga does) leads to an
> error as described in the above advisory.
> Reading the man page on virsh suggests that there is a --readonly flag
> to URIs, not to simple virsh commands.
>
> Now I am stuck. Googleing does not lead to anything helpful.
>
> Has anyone else run into this and resolved it?
>
> Or can someone send me a valid vm ressource entry for the
> /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file so I can adapt that? I have not found
> really enlightening examples on the web, and docs on this seem quite
> sparse.
>
> Thanks for any hint or help.

Yes you're right and normally the updated luci/ricci RPMS (0.12.2-6.1)
should have been already pushed to the mirrors but it seems that they
are blocked somewhere ...
I'm myself running such cluster with the appropriate RPMS and they run
fine (Xen VMs)
Fabian Arrotin
test -e /dev/human/brain || ( echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq ; echo c >
/proc/sysrq-trigger )