[CentOS] Centos & UPS

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sat Dec 26 16:12:30 UTC 2009

Robert Spangler wrote:
> I received for X-mas an APC UPS system form my computer.  I'm looking for how
> I can integrate it into the system so that the system will shut down either
> after the UPS power is low enough or a timed event after the power is out
> will automatically shutdown.  Would also like it to be smart enough to stop
> the shut down process if power is restored before the shutdown starts.
> Anyone have any recommendation for this setup? Thanks.
apcupsd. Works fine... though I will say that we have configured it at work so
that it just complains, rather than shuts down - for one thing, multiple
servers. That's not your configuration, so the default configuration might work
for you.

And yes, the configuration file is readable and comprehensible.

"Nuclear physicists speak of five fundamental forces:
weak, strong, electromagnetic, gravity, and duct tape."
                -- American Science and Surplus Catalog