[CentOS] environment-modules

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 27 10:33:54 UTC 2009

On 26/12/2009 03:21, mark wrote:
> xiaoyunpeng wrote:
>> I think you should give the user a path list of javas you've installed. More
>> step on, a script with a "sun-java" or "openjdk" as input for switching the
>> java type would be better.
>
> Ok, so I guess no one's ever used environment-modules. Thanks anyway.
>
> 	mark
Hi

I used environment-modules a few years a go with OSCAR[1], and I
remember to simply coping and editing files to create a intel-mpi,
intel-cc, etc, based on modules provided by OSCAR.

The document "Drag Your Design Environment Kicking and Screaming into
the 90's With Modules!" in project page[2] seems to be pretty complete.

In fact I'm considering using environment-modules as an alternative to
put a lot of configuration in .cshrc.

Regards

mg.

[1] http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/trac/oscar