[CentOS] OT: What are the 2 openssl commands I need to use?

Lanny Marcus

Tue Dec 29 17:36:56 UTC 2009

I looked on the openssl man page but am too dense with commands to
understand what I need to do.....   Ran into problems generating a key
and CSR for SSL,  because the web site is on a server with an old
Ensim Control Panel.  Please someone knowledgeable,  give me the
openssl commands I need to use, after I ssh into the web site, to
generate a 2048 bit key and csr.  TIA and Happy New Year!

"I believe the issue you are having is due to the size of the
encryption key. The ensim control panel generates a 1024 bit key,
where the certificate you got was 2048 bits.  What you need to do is
generate a 2048 bit key and csr on your domain. You would need to
login in to your domain through ssh and generate the files from the
command line."

Lanny