[CentOS] OT: What are the 2 openssl commands I need to use?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Dec 29 18:35:32 UTC 2009

>> <snip>
>
>> You might want to mouse around the server - it could just be that
>> openssl isn't in your path, which isn't unreasonable for an ordinary
>> user. Check the man page, and see what it says, or rpm -ql openssl
>
> Mark: Thank you. openssl *is* shown in the services running, so I am
> sure that is the problem, that it is not in my path. I will ask him to
> include openssl in my path. Lanny

Ok, you *really* need to read the manual, and the man pages. If you run
the rpm command I gave you, you'll see the full path to the command. You
can then run it ->using the full path<-. You can also add that directory
to your path by resetting PATH in your .bashrc.

PLEASE READ the man pages. It will save you a) a lot of grief, and b)
prevent folks here from being irritated that you didn't do more research
before asking.

        mark