[CentOS] NFS new security requirements?

Tue Dec 1 09:23:25 UTC 2009
Mike Yates <mike.yates at hawkgrove.co.uk>

Hi James
Please reply to me as well as the list as I only get the digest.
You wrote
> What is the contents of /etc/exports on 'hs8' ?

at present:-
#/data  172.26.0.6(rw,no_root_squash)
/data   hs6(rw,sync,mp,no_root_squash,sec=none)
/backup 172.26.0.6(rw,sync,mp,no_root_squash)

> What happens if you restart rpc.mountd on 'hs8' ?

I've done this many times as I try different exports options:-

[root at hs8 ~]# /etc/init.d/nfs restart
Shutting down NFS mountd:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS quotas:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS services:                                [  OK  ]
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
[root at hs8 ~]# vi msg

SeLinux is disabled.

Mike Yates    MBCS CITP (ISSG)
IT Support Engineer

Hawkgrove Ltd  -  Software Systems Design
2, The Business Courtyard, Marl Pits Lane, Trudoxhill, Frome, Somerset, BA11 5DL, UK
+44 (0)1373 837900     fax:  +44 (0)8700 518155
Registered in England: 2756481  VAT Reg: UK 601 1137 11
Registered Office: NSO Associates LLP, 75 Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 6JB
All e-mail is subject to contract and is not intended to create a legally binding agreement.
Hawkgrove Ltd will only be bound by an agreement in writing signed by an authorized signatory.
All outgoing email is scanned by Kerio, using ClamAV 0.95.1/10098/Tue Dec  1 03:06:27 2009 Known viruses: 660899.